Hands Massage Spa at Pinnacle Park
Massage is for everyone! It is more than pampering and relaxing indulgence; massage therapy is a powerful tool for healing, wellness, and happiness. Additionally, it’s accessible right here in Provo, Utah!
At Hands Massage: Natural Healing Therapy in Provo, our certified massage therapists are trained and accredited in various forms of massage therapy. We are devoted to our clients’ health, helping them improve their physical, mental, and emotional health, enhancing the feeling of their body, and promoting their overall wellness.
If you have ever wondered what massage therapy can do for you or why it might be important, check out our expansive list of ways in which we can give you best massage in Provo, and the excellent benefits you can expect:
How Massage Aids Physical Recovery
A massage is not just a luxury. It’s vital in maintaining good health. In fact, here is a list of how a massage in Provo can improve your health and wellbeing:
- Improve Your Posture — In developed countries, it is a frequent problem to experience back and neck pain. Back pain is frequently caused by poor posture when sitting or standing. Additionally, being overweight or working with repetitive movements is a surefire way to exacerbate the problem, causing your back to spasm. In extreme cases, this may cause you to miss work. Our Provo massage therapists can help mitigate this problem when you come visit. Massage relaxes the body, loosening chronically tight muscles and allowing your spine to settle back into its natural position. Additionally, massage can loosen other joints around your body, allowing for improved flexibility and range of motion. There is no sense of freedom quite like that of escaping back and neck pain. Because back and neck pain accounts for 60% of the reason employees take sick leave, we are very serious about treating — and preventing — this problem before it gets worse.
- Improve Your Circulation — The body is designed to take care of itself; a vital tool for your body’s healing abilities is your blood. Your body uses blood to transport oxygen and nutrients to the hard and soft tissues of your body. This provides warmth and gives fuel for use and regeneration. Simply put, healthy circulation is vital for the proper function of every part of your body. It plays a crucial role in recovery from injuries. A massage can improve your circulation significantly! Massage promotes circulation by stimulating muscles and activating the capillaries in your body. This invites blood-flow in tense or injured areas and prepares your body for future use to prevent overuse or injury. This concept is essential for athletes and non-athletes alike. Let your body retake control of itself with sports massage in Provo.
- Lower Your Blood Pressure — Studies have shown that regular massage therapy reduces systolic and diastolic blood pressure. High blood pressure is associated with serious heart conditions and is a leading factor in mortality in the United States. Problems with your blood pressure are not an issue you want to worry about. Perhaps if you’re looking for a way to improve your health, massage therapy is the perfect place to start.
- Treat the underlying causes of stress and anxiety — Several things cause stress and anxiety, but two key factors are poor sleep and high levels of cortisol (a naturally occurring hormone in the human body). Stress and cortisol make you less able to fight off sickness, and they cause a constant feeling of anxiety experienced by some people. Over the long-term, this phenomenon can also have effects that correlate with weight gain, hormone problems, and other more severe health complications.
Massage therapy has been proven to reduce cortisol levels in the body, thus naturally reducing stress as few other treatments can. Massage therapy also improves your posture and loosens tight muscles. The reduction in cortisol and improvement in muscle structure improves your sleep, which benefits your immune system while making you a happier person overall.
Fat Loss / Body Contouring
Lypossage is a scientifically proven method for flushing toxins from the body, causing your skin to become smooth, and improving your body’s shape. Here is how you may benefit from Lypossage in Provo:
Massage your hips, thighs, buttocks, and abdomen to eliminate cellulite and improve your muscle and skin tone. This enhances your body’s aesthetics, and it also typically improves your posture.
Massage your back, upper abdomen, arms, and neck to sculpt your muscle, fat, and skin structure. You can tone difficult areas like the backs of your arms while improving your posture and flexibility.
Address your head and face by using natural techniques to improve skin tone and reduce wrinkles. Lypossage is like receiving a facelift without the harmful and unnatural use of lasers, chemicals, and plastic surgery.
Massage therapy feels incredibly good. Too good, in fact, to keep to yourself! A couple’s massage is great for dates. You can surprise your significant other, show that you care, be romantic, be creative, do something that is both fun and healthy. It’s lovely to do something that you’ll both enjoy and feel refreshed and relaxed together. Its the perfect date!
A popular choice among celebrities and sports stars alike, a Cupping Massage is an ancient form of massage therapy, reinvigorated with a 21st-century twist.
Your therapist places several cups on to certain areas of your skin, usually the back, neck, and arms. When the cups are all in place, the therapist draws out the air in the cups with a rubber hand pump. This creates a vacuum within. This pulls the skin, muscles, and other tissues upwards into the cup, causing blood to rush to the surface of the skin. The cups are left on for a few minutes, and when they are removed, you can expect to see some red and purple bruise-like circles on your skin. Don’t worry, this is perfectly natural and can reveal a lot to your massage therapist about what’s going on beneath your skin.
Alternatively, your therapist may slide the cups across your skin using therapeutic oils. This is referred to as “wet cupping.”
Cupping massage is pain-free and feels just like a regular massage. What’s more, it carries a range of incredible benefits;
- It improves blood flow in the targeted area so your skin, muscles, and other tissues can get the oxygen and nutrients they need to stay healthy.
- It can help to reduce inflammation of the muscles and joints.
- It can be used to reduce the appearance of muscle scarring.
- It creates a warming sensation in the skin and relaxation of the muscles.
- It has a profoundly relaxing effect and helps your skin and muscles to feel new and revitalized. Cupping massage is a great way to relieve the physical symptoms of stress.
If you’re involved in sports, a seasoned gym fanatic, or have a busy and stressful lifestyle, regular deep tissue massage is an essential way to remain healthy and limber despite the stress and strain of your lifestyle.
Deep Tissue Massage comes in many forms. However, all our relaxing Deep Tissue Massages in Provo are designed to deliver tangible results. After you get off the table, you may be surprised to realize just how much tension you’ve been carrying around in your muscles all this time.
Deep Tissue Massage loosens the knots in your muscles, releasing lactic acid and other toxins and improving blood flow to the area. This ensures that your skin and muscles get more oxygen and nutrients.
Before your therapist starts your massage, they’ll take the time to get to know you, your lifestyle, your diet, your exercise regimen, and your needs. The more they understand the stressors and strains in your life, the better they’ll be able to target your problem areas and ensure that you get the most out of your massage.
Over time, regular Deep Tissue Massage can help to relieve even chronic tension as well as helping to break down deep scar tissue and even the most stubborn knots.
After a Deep Tissue massage, it’s common to experience a little soreness and fatigue. This will pass when your body flushes out the toxins which have been released from your deep tissue. Drink plenty of water and continue to relax.
The system of lymph nodes in your body is an essential part of your immune system. They’re found all over the body, but most of them (70%) are just below the surface. The fluid in your lymph nodes helps to transport oxygen and nutrients around the body while also removing toxins.
The trouble is that they are not able to pump themselves. When we have issues with lymphatic drainage, it can compromise the immune system. This is especially common in those who spend most of their day sitting or standing for long periods… and in this day and age, that includes most of us.
Because spending long periods jumping up and down isn’t really practical, massage is a crucial way of jumpstarting your lymphatic system. Our expert massage therapists have a thorough understanding of how the lymphatic system works. We stimulate it with rhythmic circular motions, remapping lymphatic pathways, and improving their flow.
This kind of massage carries a range of incredible benefits including;
- Improving immune function, helping your body to fight off colds and other infections.
- Reducing water retention and swelling in the extremities (hands and feet).
- Boosting your metabolism and aiding weight loss.
- Helping to heal scar tissue.
- Reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- Helping skin to look clear, healthy, smooth, and even.
- Lymphatic massage even helps those with severe conditions such as lymphodema.
Simply put, lymphatic massage helps your body to do everything it does… better!
We are always on call to help drain the stress and tension from your muscles and deep tissue to help you to feel more relaxed in body and mind. But massage is about far more than relaxation. It also has a variety of medical purposes. Our licensed, trained, and highly capable therapists often work with patients who have been referred to us by their doctors.
The difference between a Medical Massage in Provo and our more traditional spa-like massage is that a medical massage is more focused on delivering specific medical outcomes than relaxation. Of course, our therapists will still endeavor to make the experience as relaxing and stress-relieving as possible. The treatment is targeted at a specific area or symptom based on a medical diagnosis.
Only a licensed massage therapist is trained to give this kind of massage, so when you receive massage therapy at Hands Massage, you know that your therapist’s skill and training are supplemented by outstanding medical knowledge.
While we offer lots of excellent massage therapies to our clients for all kinds of outcomes, sometimes you need to combine them for the ultimate massage experience. That’s what our Signature Massage is all about. It combines a combination of treatments to ensure that you get the most relaxing and beneficial experience possible.
Our signature massage includes all of the following so leave you feeling relaxed, serene, and utterly pampered:
Partial Heated Stone Treatment– Here, flat, smooth, partially heated stones are applied to specific parts of the body to ease muscle pain and tension. We use volcanic stones like basalt for their ability to retain heat. They can be placed along the spine, over knots in the muscle, on the chest, stomach, hands, feet, anywhere you’d like to target, and depending on your needs.
Aromatherapy – We use the therapeutic powers of natural plant extracts (essential oils) to aid the relaxation and wellbeing of the mind and body. The art and science aromatherapy goes back thousands of years, and documented uses go back to the days of ancient India, Egypt, and China.
We use a range of aromatherapy products to aid relaxation including;
- Clay masks
- Facial steamers
- Body oils, lotions, and creams
- Hot and cold compresses
- Bathing salts
We combine different essential oils in line with your unique needs. Aromatherapy can help with a range of outcomes, including pain management, reduced anxiety and stress, improved digestion, improved sleep, and even better immune function.
Detox Wrap – The final flourish of your signature massage is a nourishing detox wrap which will be applied to your feet, scalp, neck, face, and shoulders. This uses a variety of naturally nourishing materials, including seaweed, algae, clay, or even mud made into a body mask.
We start with all-over exfoliation to help the detox wrap to be able to penetrate the skin as deeply as possible. The wrap then naturally removes the toxins from your body and skin while stimulating the body’s circulation.
The wrap is left on for around 20 minutes. The body mask will be washed off, and gentle lotion is applied to help you feel fresh and renewed while keeping your skin supple and moist.
This is a fantastic way of ridding the body of toxins and excess fluids while also giving your metabolism and lymphatic system a boost.
As you can see, our Signature Massage really takes care of everything for you!
A sporty and active lifestyle is essential to keep your body and mind fit and healthy. But if you don’t allow your body to relax and unwind between games and/or workouts, your active lifestyle can take a toll. That’s why we offer comprehensive Sports Massage therapy programs for pro athletes and the very active alike.
Sports massage is designed to give targeted relief to muscle/tendon junctions to aid in performance and recovery for athletes. By stimulating the body’s relaxation response, sports massage can also help to relax and focus the mind, relieving the stress and anxiety that can come before a big game.
Sports Massage offers a whole host of benefits for athletes including;
- Improving muscle reactivity to enhance performance and reduce the risk of injury
- Reducing swelling and stiffness around joints
- Increasing lymphatic flow and improving immune function
- Increasing circulation, so the muscles get better access to oxygen and nutrients.
- Relieving the tension that causes headaches.
- It improves flexibility and mobility.
- Removes the buildup of lactic acid that takes place after exercise, so you can train harder.
You don’t have to be a sports nut to benefit from our Sports Massage treatment. We welcome everyone to see what our Sports Massage therapy can do for their minds and bodies. Sports Massage brings a range of benefits, but when done poorly it can create far more problems than it solves. Don’t leave your performance to chance! Contact one of our licensed, skilled therapists.
There’s a lot more to thank Sweden for than Volvo cars, IKEA and Abba! A Swedish Massage is the ultimate relaxing massage treatment… although over there they just call is a “classic” massage. Our skilled therapists are proud to offer the best Swedish Massage experience in Provo. Their skilled hands can help to ease the tension from your body, one muscle group at a time so that you can feel (and be) at your best.
Swedish Massage uses a range of palpation techniques to untie muscle knots and drain lactic acid and other toxins from the muscles while improving circulation to improve nourishment. It uses a combination of vibration, tapping or pounding, rubbing, kneading, stroking, and gliding to ease tense muscles and help you to feel calmer, more relaxed, and renewed.
A relaxing Swedish Massage doesn’t just help you to feel great, it benefits your body in a range of ways including;
- Headache Relief- Headaches don’t actually come from the head but from the muscles supporting the neck and spine. A Swedish Massage can help headaches melt away.
- Reducing swelling and stiffness around joints
- Relieves stress
- Improves mobility and eliminates stiffness
- Improves posture
- Improves immune and lymphatic function
- Improves sleep
- It helps you to feel more aware and energized.
Dive feet first into this ancient form of massage therapy, which is based on Chinese medical practices that go back centuries. Reflexology works by stimulating pressure points on the feet, lower legs, face, and hands to help ensure a range of positive outcomes all over the body.
The thinking behind Reflexology is tied to the Chinese belief in Qi (pronounced Chi) the life energy of our bodies. Over time our bodies, develop blockages of this energy, which are eased away by Reflexology.
Whether you believe in Qi or not, Reflexology has been linked to a range of wonderful benefits including;
- Relief from aches and pains
- Loss of stiffness and increased mobility (including relief from arthritic pain)
- Boosting fertility
- Clearing sinuses
- Elevating mood and improving wellbeing
You may not have heard of Vibrotherapy, but it’s actually been around for decades now. Originating from Russia, Vibrotherapy involves sending vibrations through your whole body. It has been used by everyone, from athletes to astronauts, to improve muscle strength, increase bone density, and treat a wide array of injuries and illnesses.
Vibrotherapy engages 100% of the body’s muscles as opposed to traditional physiotherapy, which only engages around 60%. It has been linked to positive outcomes for many with chronic conditions including;
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
- Parkinson’s Disease.
- Cerebral Palsy.
Why not see what this exciting form of therapy can do for you?
If you’ve never had a massage in Provo, please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We look forward to serving you soon. Schedule a massage appointment and consider making massage with a Provo massage therapist a regular part of your health maintenance plan.