In Sweden, you will find that the Swedish massage is typically known as the classic massage, and there is simply no better way to describe this treatment. It is the western standard for a massage. There are five main techniques that are used during the Swedish massage. This includes vibration; tapping or pounding; rubbing, kneading’ and stroking and gliding. This is a great massage if you are looking for something to help you feel more relaxed, soothe your muscles and improve your circulation. A Swedish massage will involve softer stokes on the parts of your body that are more delicate and bonier whereas, if there is thicker muscle coverage, stronger strokes will be used. It is this pressure adjustment that makes the Swedish massage one of the best options out there when you are looking for a relaxing treatment.
Here at the Hands Massage Spa, we offer a wide range of massages for people to enjoy. Of course, we provide a classic Swedish massage. If you would like to book an appointment or you wish to find out more about this type of massage, we are only ever a phone call away.
What are the benefits of a Swedish massage?
Now that you have a better understanding of what the Swedish massage is, let’s take a look at the benefits associated with this sort of treatment in further detail…
- Headache relief – A lot of migraines and headaches are caused because of poor circulation and/or stress. A Swedish massage is designed to get rid of stress and improve circulation, and because of this, it can assist with tension headaches.
- Improve sleep – There have been a number of different studies that have shown that a Swedish massage can help with your sleep because it boosts the levels of serotonin that you have in your body. This means that you can fall asleep faster and you will also stay asleep for longer periods of time too.
- Energy boost – Another benefit associated with getting a Swedish massage is that you will have a boost in energy. This is because more oxygen will be delivered through the body.
- Increase in nutrient supply – Your muscles are also going to benefit from more nutrients being delivered. This occurs because of the increase in circulation, which, in turn, enhances the blood supply, which causes more nutrients to reach your muscles.
- Healthy immune system support – In addition to the benefits that have been mentioned so far, a Swedish massage is also beneficial because it encourages the lymphatic fluid flow. This is beneficial because it increases lymphocytes. Lymphocytes are the immune cells that are created in the lymph nodes.
- Enhance motion range – You will also find that a range of motion techniques and stretches are part of the Swedish massage. Because of this, it will lubricate and open the joints, leading to more fluid motion and enhance range.
- Flush out metabolic byproducts – A Swedish massage will stimulate circulation. This is because uric acid and lactic acid will be flushed out that has built up because your muscles have been overused.
- Blood circulation improves – We have already touched upon the fact that a Swedish massage will improve your blood circulation. This is a big benefit. A Swedish massage will dilate the blood vessels while also widening the membrane pores in the body. This will boost the ability of your body to deliver fresh blood to organs and muscles.
- Improve your mood – You will also notice that you feel a lot happier and more positive after a Swedish massage, and who would not want this? This happens because, during a Swedish massage, there will be a release of dopamine and serotonin, both of which are responsible for boosting your mood and your feeling of emotional well-being.
- Improve your posture – There are a number of different reasons why people end up developing bad posture and postural imbalances. Examples range from repetitive strain to overcompensation muscles to lower the stress on the muscles that have been overworked. No matter the reason, a Swedish massage can help to ease the muscular holding that underlies the postural imbalance.
- Get rid of stress – Last but not least, stress is something that we seem to be experiencing more and more of today, and so you will be pleased to know that a Swedish massage is a great way of getting rid of stress!
Book the best Swedish massage Provo has to offer
Hopefully, you now have a better understanding of the Swedish massage and why it is so beneficial. It is not hard to see why this is one of the best massage treatments around the world. However, if you are to experience all of the benefits that are linked with this treatment, then you are going to need to select a massage clinic with care. Luckily, you do not need to search far, as we can guarantee that you will enjoy the best Swedish massage Provo has to offer when you book a treatment with the Hands Massage Spa.
We have an excellent reputation in the industry and we have been providing people with massage treatments for many years now. It goes without saying that the Swedish massage is undoubtedly one of our most popular treatments. Often, people will start off with this type of massage and then they will branch off into trying other types of massages. There are then those that, of course, stick with the trusted Swedish massage for life. Either way, if you have never had a massage before, this is certainly a great treatment to start off with.
If you have any questions about this treatment, or you would like to book an appointment, all you need to do is make contact with us for more information. There are many different ways that you can do so. You can reach our team at 801-960-8789. Or, if you would rather, you can utilize the online contact form to send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.